New anemone not doing to well

  • Thread starter Thread starter BadMatt14
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BadMatt14

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
14
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a bubble tip anemone for my 75g and it’s been about 3 days and I’m not sure if he’s acclimating well. He’s been partially open during the day but tonight he’s all shrunken up like this. I turned the lights on just for a moment so I could take this picture because the moonlight looks terrible on camera. Is he dying or pooping or still just acclimating i can’t tell. He’s still attached to the rock and the clownfish keep trying to swim on him so they can host. Is this normal acclimation behavior??

440538DA-B107-444E-A21C-5A0ED1CED28F.jpeg
 
How long has the tank been up for? Parameters? The white flesh is a bad sign...
 
In my opinion 5 months is too soon to keep an anemone unless your tank is full of real live rock (and your rock looks very questionable to me). Unfortunately I don't have much hope for that nem. I'd get rid of it or at least keep a close eye on it as a dead nem will poison your whole tank
 
Give it time to adjust to tank conditions and light. Lower white intensity a little to allow it to acclimate
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new