New Anemone on Rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter BTimms
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BTimms

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2021
Messages
482
Reaction score
296
Location
British Columbia
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!
Today I acquired a BTA that had a strong foot hold on a piece of live rock. The decision wad made to leave it on the rock and transfer it to my Aquarium. After completing the acclimation process, I place the rock with BTA in an area with similar flow and light exposure.
The big question is, what are the chances that the bta will stay put?

The aquarium is well establish, parameters in check. Just curious what all of your thoughts are on it staying in it’s spot.

Thanks!
 
No way to predict this... those suckers will move around on a whim sometimes. Typically in a new environment they move around until they find a comfy place and just as often they stay put because nothing is disturbing them.
 
As long as light and water flow are acceptable, it will remain its happy spot. I have two and they have been in same spot 17 months
They generally move due to too little or too much flow and same applies to light. feed 1-2x weekly (mysis shrimp, plankton, sm piece of krill)
 
I did the same thing about a year ago. Mine never has moved.
Good luck.
 
So, basically I can just hope it doesn’t decide to move. And if it does...it does.

Any advice on lighting and flow? It’s hard to tell if it is a “perfect” spot.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new