New Anthias

Chessmanmark

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2014
Messages
611
Reaction score
622
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an Anthias in my tank 20 years ago, but over the years it’s been a fish I’ve avoided. I bought one in store and one on line over the years and they both died by the next day.

It is an incredibly beautiful fish. I bought one online that arrived today. I was happy to see that it was curious and active in the bag and then again in the acclimation bucket.

I have it in an observation tank for the next month. I gave it some brine shrimp I hatched last night and it is eating.

I’m hoping for the best with this one.
IMG_7841.jpeg
 
Good Luck. I feed mine Hikari Carnivore pellets. Brine shrimp it did not like as much.
 
I threw in some Emerald Entree b/c the other fish in observation is an Orange Spotted Blenny. The Anthias gobbled it up. So far it is a voracious eater.

Here’s the Blenny. He just came out from under a rock.
IMG_7846.jpeg
 
I've had a lot of success feeding my anthias TDO Small pellets. I have a group of 5 that have been thriving for well over a year. Just have to make sure they are fed frequently and they do just fine
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new