New Apex and EL with legacy modules

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having an issue with an older Apex. I'm considering upgrading to most likely an EL (I don't care about OPR and Salinity). Neither new unit comes with a display. Will the display from the older units work with the newer units? Will the older EB8s, PM modules, etc still work? I've spent a lot of money on the older stuff, I want to make sure it is still compatible. I love the display module, I still activate my feed modes from the display.

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that will all work with the El. As far as display you can also use an iPad or cheaper tablet to display Fusion. But you can also use the display. I also have Fusion on my phone where I can activate feed mode or you can set up a BOB with a feed mode so many options

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that will all work with the El. As far as display you can also use an iPad or cheaper tablet to display Fusion
I can "also" use. Does that mean that the old display will still work? I know I can get an old iPad mini for cheap, but I already have everything mounted outside the tank.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can "also" use. Does that mean that the old display will still work? I know I can get an old iPad mini for cheap, but I already have everything mounted outside the tank.
Yes, all AquaBus modules (including the Display) are fully compatible with the new Apex models. The Display Module is particularly useful since it can provide information not available by any other means, such as displaying the current username and password for the Apex which cannot be retrieved from an iPad or other network-connected display.

See my Apex Hardware Overview article for the complete list of compatible modules:

Also, if you choose to upgrade, see this FAQ for tips on migrating from an older Apex:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still use the display from my old lite model.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AFAIK .... though I’ve never actually used feed mode LOL.

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, all AquaBus modules (including the Display) are fully compatible with the new Apex models. The Display Module is particularly useful since it can provide information not available by any other means, such as displaying the current username and password for the Apex which cannot be retrieved from an iPad or other network-connected display.

See my Apex Hardware Overview article for the complete list of compatible modules:

Also, if you choose to upgrade, see this FAQ for tips on migrating from an older Apex:
Thanks, I'll read up tomorrow!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It still has the same functionality? Feed mode etc
Yes, the Display can still trigger Feed cycles even on the new Apex. It is 100% feature-compatible regardless of which Apex model you connect it to. Everything you use it for on your older Apex will still work on the newest Apex. I have a Display module connected to my 2016 Apex.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back