NEW app that color corrects Actinic LED light in your reef aquarium in real-time

OP
OP
John Ostler

John Ostler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the ETA of the Android version?
I'm hoping I can get it done before the new year. Stretch goal is before Xmas. :-D The reason it's taking so long as that I have to create all the filters from scratch vs having a good starting point for iOS. #classicandroiddevelopmentheadaches

OP
OP
John Ostler

John Ostler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Android version is in testing now. Might send a few more invites out next week

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't remember if I signed up or not, so I did again. Hope to be able to test on android!

lickyricky

Red Sea Max E-170
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
itunes-iphone-01.png itunes-iphone-02.png

LED blue and actinic light has been destroying photos of my corals and aquariums since day 1.

I did the whole, turn off the blue and actinic lights for shots, put the flash in the top of the aquarium, hang a yellow bulb light over the tank, dip pvc in the tank for calibration, put a orange filter over my phone, photoshop hue and curves adjustments, etc etc.

When I get out my DSLR I shoot in raw and that gives me the full control I need. Problem is, I have to plan on setting all that up and then have to do a ton of post-production. I needed something FAST on my phone with no fuss that didn't force me into editing. I cannot believe nobody has done this yet!

So, after some budget approvals from home, I set off on building an app that color corrects blue LED aquarium light, in real-time. That way, you can match what you see with your eye with what you're seeing behind your device.

Well, I think it worked. Just to make sure I wasn't wearing orange-colored glasses, I had @Jake Adams from ReefBuilders and Carlos Chacun from CoralVue try it out and the verdict is "it works!" haha

'Aquarium Camera' just went live and I hope it's useful to a lot of you!
It's just for iOS (iphone+ipad) but Android is coming (if you guys don't think this sucks). http://aquariumcameraapp.com

I'd love your feedback! and any feature requests! All proceeds will go to paying the production bills and hopefully buying more SPS frags that I hope to have some good posts on in the next few months.

This is freaking amazing!!! Thank you thank you thank you

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
itunes-iphone-01.png itunes-iphone-02.png

LED blue and actinic light has been destroying photos of my corals and aquariums since day 1.

I did the whole, turn off the blue and actinic lights for shots, put the flash in the top of the aquarium, hang a yellow bulb light over the tank, dip pvc in the tank for calibration, put a orange filter over my phone, photoshop hue and curves adjustments, etc etc.

When I get out my DSLR I shoot in raw and that gives me the full control I need. Problem is, I have to plan on setting all that up and then have to do a ton of post-production. I needed something FAST on my phone with no fuss that didn't force me into editing. I cannot believe nobody has done this yet!

So, after some budget approvals from home, I set off on building an app that color corrects blue LED aquarium light, in real-time. That way, you can match what you see with your eye with what you're seeing behind your device.

Well, I think it worked. Just to make sure I wasn't wearing orange-colored glasses, I had @Jake Adams from ReefBuilders and Carlos Chacun from CoralVue try it out and the verdict is "it works!" haha

'Aquarium Camera' just went live and I hope it's useful to a lot of you!
It's just for iOS (iphone+ipad) but Android is coming (if you guys don't think this sucks). http://aquariumcameraapp.com

I'd love your feedback! and any feature requests! All proceeds will go to paying the production bills and hopefully buying more SPS frags that I hope to have some good posts on in the next few months.
This sounds great. It’s worth a $3 donation to you. Thanks for putting this out there.

sotsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a comment/question for @John Ostler . Would it be possible for you guys to change a setting. Whenever I try to take video horizontally it works but if I tip it at all flat it goes vertical. If I try to use orientation lock it sets it back to vertical to I can’t take any top down horizontal videos. Please lmk what u can do thanks!

Kevin L

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread. I am definitely in! Any update when we can get our handa on it?

MPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using the iOS version for a while now. The app works pretty well. It’s not fool proof and when it comes to photography, I can be a fool. Meaning, not all photos come out looking great but as long as you’re taking photos of still corals and not actively moving fish, it does a good job.

logansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a very old thread but any updated? Is it out for android yet/still? I'd love to support a reefer and this is an awesome thing if it works with my galaxy s9! Trying to get good pics and was about to order a lens kit when I stumbled across this older thread.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back