New aquarium

  • Thread starter Thread starter chases
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chases

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2023
Messages
36
Reaction score
16
Location
des moines
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I’m having a hard time getting my salinity up right now is there any reasons that could be happening or is it just bc of the low amount of salt I’ve put in and continue to add.
 
Hey I’m having a hard time getting my salinity up right now is there any reasons that could be happening or is it just bc of the low amount of salt I’ve put in and continue to add.
Yup, please add to 1.023 for fish only, otherwise 1.025-1.026 or 35ppt.

Assuming your using a refractometer.
 
Hey I’m having a hard time getting my salinity up right now is there any reasons that could be happening or is it just bc of the low amount of salt I’ve put in and continue to add.
put more salt in there brother. Keep a power head that really pushes the water around in there.
 
Yup, please add to 1.023 for fish only, otherwise 1.025-1.026 or 35ppt.

Assuming your using a refractometer.
Thank you just got it up to the right salinity seems I just didn’t put enough salt in
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new