New Avast Marine Auto feeder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ctenophore

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried feeding dried spirulina with the Plank? The algae is difficult to get fully suspended in a water solution because it seems to want to float on the surface. I'd only be adding this algae to the pellet concoction in my Plank. I'm currently using my Plank for the hourly daytime feeding of my Anthias. I'd be mixing in the spirulina for my filter feeders.

TIA...
I haven't tried spirulina, but I have tried 50 micron golden pearls, which is also basically dust and very buoyant. As long as the mixing pump is positioned correctly to create a gentle vortex, it should mix in nicely. I'll put spirulina powder on the testing to-do list though.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm feeding mostly 1 mm fish food pellets mostly for my anthias.

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My pump insert, pump and 2 tubes (square and crescent shaped) all keep sliding out the bottom of the tube. Anyone have a trick to keeping it all in place ?

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there options for larger Eurobraced tanks? I have 4" wide bracing. I saw in earlier posts some talk about extensions?

ctenophore

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pump insert, pump and 2 tubes (square and crescent shaped) all keep sliding out the bottom of the tube. Anyone have a trick to keeping it all in place ?

I had to zip tie some of the stuff to keep it from sliding out.

Sorry about this- a few of the disks that hold the pump into the mixing tube got switched up with the wrong sizes. Just send us a message at [email protected] and we'll send you one that fits correctly.

Are there options for larger Eurobraced tanks? I have 4" wide bracing. I saw in earlier posts some talk about extensions?
Yes, just note on your order that you want an XL plank for a 4" eurobrace and we'll include that bigger version at no extra charge.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe stupid question but how large are the plugs for the 2 motors? Are they large DC converter type plugs or standard size? I'm considering using a dual smart plug, would they fit a dual plug?

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe stupid question but how large are the plugs for the 2 motors? Are they large DC converter type plugs or standard size? I'm considering using a dual smart plug, would they fit a dual plug?

Hey @ctenophore , can you tell me anything about the physical plugs at the end of the wires? Trying to figure out how I'd run this.

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AVAST Marine the new mounting solution for rimmed tanks for the plank is awesome! I went from liking it to really, really, liking it! Thanks!
Glad you like it! Also should make screen top integration easier as well as make it 100% safe against a pump clog/overflow issue.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
setup video earlier in this thread mentions a reef jerky food. Is that something y'all do? Didn't see anywhere on your site.

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
setup video earlier in this thread mentions a reef jerky food. Is that something y'all do? Didn't see anywhere on your site.

Yes! The Jerky was actually the reason we developed the Plank! Unfortunately there was a supply chain issue that prevented a simultaneous release of these products. That has now been resolved and we should have it back in stock with limited availability very soon. Anyone who has already purchased a Plank will get first opportunity to buy at a super discount and we will contact you directly. After that we will release it for all. :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back