New Avast Marine Auto feeder

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leishman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I'm stunned they still dont ship outside US/Canada.
@PranK
Yes indeed it’s surprising especially when the website says international shipping via shipping aggregators
I suppose the main reason is operating voltage of 110v .
So to ship outside of the US they would need to make 110v as well as 220v.
Question is do they need customers outside of the US?

Regards
 
I just got mine, I'm really excited! Besides the included jerky what other foods do people put in? Pellets, flakes? Can I grind up some freeze dried kill or mysis shrimp?
 
I just got mine, I'm really excited! Besides the included jerky what other foods do people put in? Pellets, flakes? Can I grind up some freeze dried kill or mysis shrimp?
That's a great question, Matt! While we originally designed the Plank for our preservative-free freeze-dried Reef Jerky blend, many of our customers have told us they mix in various pellets and additional freeze-dried shrimp or krill products.

If you're thinking about this, remember that different food sizes might impact how consistently the Plank dispenses, since it has a fixed auger size. If you're for more flexibility, you may want to consider our new Plank MINI. It was designed with an interchangeable auger, making it easy to switch out depending on the type/size of food you want to feed. We're here to help if you have any more questions!
 
I just got mine, I'm really excited! Besides the included jerky what other foods do people put in? Pellets, flakes? Can I grind up some freeze dried kill or mysis shrimp?

As noted above a few of us Plank users make a cocktail if you will of various freeze dried foods along with our favorite pellets. The key is to make your beverage of choice then test it out over a napkin or paper plate. This way you see first hand how much the plank releases vs the time duration. I've personally gone so far as letting it run a full day with its schedule to see how much it could be.

I feed heavy so my Plank runs 5 times a day at 2 minute intervals. Food is a mix of:

freeze dried rotifiers
freeze dried krill pacifica
freeze dried copepods
cool green flake
freeze dried arctic copepods
freeze dried brine shrimp
saki-hikari carnivore
saki-hikari herbivore
TDO - x-small, small

I pilfered this from @KStatefan and added the pellets of hikari and tdo. Having anthias and a lot of damsels I like the blend as fish go after what they like first and in the chaos pellets sink and the smaller fish get their fair share. Even my tiny upside down goby. I also do 1 small feeding just before lights on for my yellow assessor. Just in case.

The cool green flake and brine shrimp I crumble a bit so they are smaller pieces. The brine shrimp is in cubes oddly enough so just smash it up and it works.

The Plank is very well built and can work with a variety of food. The onus is on the hobbyist to test before letting it run auto pilot. It really is easy to use and one of the best auto feeders I have personally used. Second best investment I have made in this hobby with my skimmer being the first.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new