New Avast Marine Auto feeder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

Avast Justin

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok watched the video like 10 more times and noticed that this “piece” is already installed on the divider plate in the video (I guess). So it never tells you to install it!

I guess there’s no “upgrade” instructions, just a full install of the new v3.5.

I can’t believe nobody else got stuck here, but maybe it’s just me.

suggestion for Avast: give instructions for upgrading an existing plank please.
I'm sorry I never realized this! I don't think anyone has mentioned it until now. I'm planning a video update to go over timer options, so I'll be sure to put that in for the Sicce upgrade.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry I never realized this! I don't think anyone has mentioned it until now. I'm planning a video update to go over timer options, so I'll be sure to put that in for the Sicce upgrade.

Yes, the video for upgrading would be ideal. It was weird not having instructions, and as you can see, I totally missed a piece.

Avast Justin

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case anyone's interested in picking up a Plank feeder at a really good discount, I just added a few Factory 2nds to the website. Their discount will stack with the 15% off holiday weekend sale that lasts through tonight.
Thank you for your support and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend!

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case anyone's interested in picking up a Plank feeder at a really good discount, I just added a few Factory 2nds to the website. Their discount will stack with the 15% off holiday weekend sale that lasts through tonight.
Thank you for your support and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend!
Just some positive feedback, the upgrade from V2 to V3 (I think, whichever had the Sicce pump) was great!!! Made a good thing into a great thing! Much more even drop of food from the tube. Thx!!

Avast Justin

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just some positive feedback, the upgrade from V2 to V3 (I think, whichever had the Sicce pump) was great!!! Made a good thing into a great thing! Much more even drop of food from the tube. Thx!!
Glad to hear it. I am really happy with the Sicce upgrade as well.

What would you like to see next?

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing I find myself wanting on the plank is a way to hang a desiccant inside the keg to absorb moisture (similar to what you put in the reef jerky package).
Thats a good idea, but you could just use a dab of superglue and one of those packets to the top I might do that now myself.

Avast Justin

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing I find myself wanting on the plank is a way to hang a desiccant inside the keg to absorb moisture (similar to what you put in the reef jerky package).
You know, I actually thought about that way back when designing the first iterations, but I never really had a problem with food getting too humid so I forgot about it. I can see where others might though, and it should be pretty trivial to build a little shelf or pocket into the lid that would hold the dry pack that comes in the bag of reef jerky. I’ll put that on my todo list. Thanks for the feedback!

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, I actually thought about that way back when designing the first iterations, but I never really had a problem with food getting too humid so I forgot about it. I can see where others might though, and it should be pretty trivial to build a little shelf or pocket into the lid that would hold the dry pack that comes in the bag of reef jerky. I’ll put that on my todo list. Thanks for the feedback!
even a clip attached to the lid would prob do the job. I occasionally will get a little clumping after about a month of stuff in there, nothing major. I just dump it out what's left and brush with a toothbrush whenever I'm refilling.

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be awesome thanks!

nimrod19

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anymore Factory 2nds available? :) Really want to get one but the high price point is keeping me away :)

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anymore Factory 2nds available? :) Really want to get one but the high price point is keeping me away :)
On their website, if you view all products, you can scroll to the factory seconds Plank. Hit notify me when available. That's how I picked up my plank at a discount. I just had to be patient for a while.

Avast Justin

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On their website, if you view all products, you can scroll to the factory seconds Plank. Hit notify me when available. That's how I picked up my plank at a discount. I just had to be patient for a while.
I just posted a few of these last night- there's one left as of right now. And they're just me being very particular- you might not be able to tell the difference from a normal one :)

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must have been way to slow!

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230412-124201.png
    Screenshot_20230412-124201.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 27

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
How many outlets are required to run the plank?

One for the pump and one for the feeder or just one combined and the pump is off between feedings?

Please chime in.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
How many outlets are required to run the plank?

One for the pump and one for the feeder or just one combined and the pump is off between feedings?

Please chime in.

Nevermind, answered in post #55

Per @AVAST Marine

"Yes, one controlled for the timer and one always on for the pump."

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear it. I am really happy with the Sicce upgrade as well.

What would you like to see next?
I would actually like to see a removable cover for the plank feeder to that i dont get algae growing and plugging the well by blocking the light.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
There are quite a few people out there that do this (not just with the Plank), but it is not as common as one would expect it to be. The main concerns people have are the food gunking up the pump and food sitting on the bottom of your sump that does not get sucked up by the pump. The latter can be solved by putting a small pump in the return section to keep the food in there from settling to the bottom. TheReefDudes have a video or two on YouTube about it I think.

I'll be running this setup on my current build.

I too am thinking about mounting it in the sump but...

What about the pump that feeds your various reactors? You wouldn't want food to end up anywhere but in the DT.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Need to measure my euro brace tonight and eurobrace drop depth to get a spacer. Will likely get a slightly extended tube too. So glad there will be no food going straight into the overflow.

@AVAST Marine
@ctenophore

If only somebody would answer my request for PegLeg part. Pretty please. :)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.9%

Back