New Avast Marine Auto feeder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prototype @AVAST Marine AutoFeeder
  • This unit is silent
  • Auger fed (set food quantities by run time)
  • No more food getting washed over the overflow
  • Simple Apex program or timer to run
  • Any food size - I have seen it run fine ground food that looks like flour
  • Easy set up
  • Easy breakdown for maintenance/cleaning
  • Fits 'rimless' to ~4" eurobraced tanks (NOT official Avast numbers, I may be off)
  • I'm impressed
IMG_3644.jpg
IMG_3635.JPG
IMG_3643.JPG
IMG_3642.jpg
IMG_3660.jpg
IMG_3661.jpg
IMG_3662.jpg
IMG_3663.jpg
IMG_3664.JPG
IMG_3665.JPG
IMG_3666.JPG
IMG_3671.JPG
IMG_3672.jpg
IMG_3673.jpg
IMG_3674.jpg
IMG_3675.jpg

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get how the auger works but could you explain the "hydration chamber" is there a pump to feed it water or what?

Avast Justin

Avast Justin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, there is a tiny pump that swirls the water in the black tube. It's the last video posted above, when he sprinkles some food in by hand. The freeze-dried copepods, mysis, etc., that normally float are forced to rehydrate and become neutrally buoyant before they can exit the tube via pipe in the bottom. This works even better if the entire mechanism is located above a circulation pump (stream, vortech, etc) that will then broadcast the food all over the tank.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats an awesome idea!

I have always avoided auto feeders just for that reason. The food tends to sit in one spot until it hydrates and floats down, and unless your fish are used to that( I would only use an auto feeder when on vaca or not home), they don't know their being fed.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, there is a tiny pump that swirls the water in the black tube. It's the last video posted above, when he sprinkles some food in by hand. The freeze-dried copepods, mysis, etc., that normally float are forced to rehydrate and become neutrally buoyant before they can exit the tube via pipe in the bottom. This works even better if the entire mechanism is located above a circulation pump (stream, vortech, etc) that will then broadcast the food all over the tank.
Well my Neptune auto feeder is about to die how do I buy one I rather support u guys

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That price point though.... a bit steep
If it works and lasts who cares. So many cheap auto feeders out there. The auger design alone piqued my interest immediately.

@Avast how does this feeder work for flake type foods? Seems like it'd be best for small pellets and finely ground food.

javisaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. Will probably wait till I see more folks using it before I jump the gun. Feeding anthias has been a bit tedious. It'd be nice to be able to try this out.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back