New Avast Marine Auto feeder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have the old, old, old version made for the Eheim feeder. This has to be 10 years old.

10509365-137A-4F3C-940E-B2815EE0EE95.jpeg

This has been in development for 13 years. Cool to see one of the first, I don't even have one of those!

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had to preorder !! Honestly not sure about others but I think this is probably the most amazing product of 2020 ..

The possibilities are endless with abilities to keep food suspended for hours in water !!!

It might finally help me inch closer to keeping non photosynthetic gorgs alongside acroporas !!

Regards,
Abhishek

charlie28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, When I watched the sound comparison video, my first impression "well this sucks, why is it only showing and can only hear the APEX AFS??" I had to watch the video twice. The AVAST feeder is so darn silent in the video, you actually have to focus on where the food is being released to see it work.

AVAST, So does this take 2 power outlets spaces to work?

kwall737

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the support, I can't wait for all of you to get to use it!
Thinking about ordering one as well, and am also about to send in measurements to have a lid built for my Waterbox ... do you happen to have the measurements I’d need for a cutout in the lid? Thanks!

NinjaTiLL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AVAST Marine this post had me on your site about to hit the buy button... Until I realized I would need an additional Apex EB832 because I'm out of outlets. So a $200 purchase turns into a $500 purchase (approx). Any plans for a version that can use an APEX 24v plug? I suppose I might be able to DIY a relay.

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AVAST Marine this post had me on your site about to hit the buy button... Until I realized I would need an additional Apex EB832 because I'm out of outlets. So a $200 purchase turns into a $500 purchase (approx). Any plans for a version that can use an APEX 24v plug? I suppose I might be able to DIY a relay.

I have been using one of these $7 wifi timer plugs: (Search amazon for "Mini Smart Plug Gosund WiFi Outlet" ).

it is more than sufficient for control of the feeder. No plans for 24v, by using 110v we keep the noise level silent, dc gear motors are not quiet, see video a few post above as proof. ;)

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you following along, here is installation/maintenance video. Some of the first pre-orders are going out this week a little ahead of schedule!

Cant wait for mine @AVAST Marine as part of preorder (Tell me you have shipped mine :D). However , it struck me that my water level in the tank is not right upto the brim. How far does the mixing chamber go down and how low can we move the pump ?

Regards,
Abhishek

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, When I watched the sound comparison video, my first impression "well this sucks, why is it only showing and can only hear the APEX AFS??" I had to watch the video twice. The AVAST feeder is so darn silent in the video, you actually have to focus on where the food is being released to see it work.

AVAST, So does this take 2 power outlets spaces to work?

Yes, one controlled for the timer and one always on for the pump.

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about ordering one as well, and am also about to send in measurements to have a lid built for my Waterbox ... do you happen to have the measurements I’d need for a cutout in the lid? Thanks!

Pretty sure I answered by PM but it is 2.375" for the pipe (schedule 40 pvc).

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want one but not sure how I would get it to work with my lid. I dont really want to cut a hole in the netting.

15950035281292256811471246737531.jpg

You can use the feeder separately from the Plank feeding tube. It is not going to hydrate the freeze dried foods but will absolutely work feeding what you have in the Eheim, except with a lot more precision and control options. I don't think it is shown in the video, but the pipe is not glued in place, it can be removed completely, shortened or lengthened to fit a variety of installs.

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant wait for mine @AVAST Marine as part of preorder (Tell me you have shipped mine :D). However , it struck me that my water level in the tank is not right upto the brim. How far does the mixing chamber go down and how low can we move the pump ?

Regards,
Abhishek

I will get exact measurement for you later but it is at least 2 inches between rim and water line.

YankeeTankee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Tanks with enclosures above have naturally high humidity within that space, if using dehydrated foods, given enough time I'd imagine the dehydrated mixture becoming partially hydrated leading to a slimy mess up there especially in the auger area. I am sure this would take time but am curious if it's two weeks or two months. Any ideas? It's pretty warm and moist up there!

2. How often do you imagine needing to clean the plank cylinder that enters the water? The video mentions feeders eventually growing in there, rough guess on that time frame?

3. Just clarifying the unit will constantly dispense food as long as the keg power unit is being supplied power, in other words whenever the keg outlet is on its dispensing food, and using the timer to turn off that outlet is how we turn it off?

Great product btw I'm a customer for sure!

Back