New Battlecorals growout contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Which frag

• Total voters

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the week! I can't wait to see the other entries. I know you guys are going to be pleased with how the Sniper's looks and how quickly it acclimates and starts to encrust. Mine has been in my tank for only 12 days and already there is a nice rim of thin tissue starting to encrust the plug. Within a few days of bouncing back from the shipping delay my frag consistently has nice PE, even during the daylight portion of my light cycle. Granted, compared to others' tanks the PE in this shot I just snapped isn't huge, but I have always had crappy PE in my tank, making millis look more like echinata, so I am really enjoying watching my Sniper's progress.
The official entry photo thread should start popping any day....

820snipe1.jpg

820snipe2.jpg

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the week! I can't wait to see the other entries. I know you guys are going to be pleased with how the Sniper's looks and how quickly it acclimates and starts to encrust. Mine has been in my tank for only 12 days and already there is a nice rim of thin tissue starting to encrust the plug. Within a few days of bouncing back from the shipping delay my frag consistently has nice PE, even during the daylight portion of my light cycle. Granted, compared to others' tanks the PE in this shot I just snapped isn't huge, but I have always had crappy PE in my tank, making millis look more like echinata, so I am really enjoying watching my Sniper's progress.

820snipe2.jpg

820snipe1.jpg
Its looking nice!

Unfortunately there is a storm tonight in Memphis, so Adam pushed my box back a week. :(

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its looking nice!

Unfortunately there is a storm tonight in Memphis, so Adam pushed my box back a week. :(
NUTS! But better to let them stabilize on their new plugs in Adam's care than risk languishing in a warehouse an extra day or two..... I was thinking I should have had Adam delay the shipment of my contest enrty 11 months, give me a fighting chance to place:rolleyes:

dede

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why I am not getting PMs but I am going to have to pass since I am having some issues with the tank right now. Good luck to everyone else.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

820snipe1.jpg

820snipe2.jpg
Looks an awful lot like one I have. I also generally have garbage pe but most still grow well. The similar one I have also is very Hardy and has better pe than most of my other acro. I attribute my lack of pe to my flame angel.

View attachment 20171219_143756.jpg

Last edited:

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I give up flipping the picture. I even resaved it flipped the other way and it still goes sideways. Lol

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I give up flipping the picture. I even resaved it flipped the other way and it still goes sideways. Lol
good thing I'm using a laptop so I can stand the screen on end...I really like the growth structure of yours. looks like some kind of tropical tree.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good thing I'm using a laptop so I can stand the screen on end...I really like the growth structure of yours. looks like some kind of tropical tree.
Agreed its gotten a lot bigger that's actually an older pic maybe 6 months ago. Grown out from only a few nearly dead polyps. I have it in another area too but the growth is more normal.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 55 53.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.8%
Back