New Bicolor Angelfish Diet ?

Aussie_Saltwater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys, I purchased a bicolor angelfish yesterday for my 75G FOWLR tank. The tank is 2 years old with lots of live rock and algae.

He is very very active and based on all signs happy however I can't get him to eat any pellets or frozen food. He just wants to keep picking at the algae in the tank all day.

This is the first moderately difficult SW fish I have kept so I am a bit nervous. Should I be worried ?

Thanks for any feedback.

rubertoe93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try seaweed? Get a magnetic clip and keep it on, so whatever else you have can constantly graze on it, I’m no expert on angles so I could be wrong, however if it’s a new addition it can take a couple of days for them

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My potters didn’t eat anything for a month! Just grazed on the rock. Then one day decided it would eat anything offered.

I would try Nori, LRS, masstick, and live clam (buy at a grocery live then freeze and serve).

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clam shrimp mussels salmon nls algae max pellets chlorella flakes nori sheets spirulina powder and a very little reef roids blended froze and then fed. Fish go crazy for it. Plus it has a mix of pretty much everything no need to feed anything else.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back