New BioCube 32g, looking for fish suggestions and I have some questions!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate it, that seems to be what everyone is saying unfortunately. Ah well, a beautiful fish for my next larger tank.
Would you fit that whole list of fish above in a 32g? Or are those just some reccomendations?
If it is my 32 gal tank I would keep a pair of small shrimp goby. Maybe a yellow head Jawfish or a pair of Percula with a Malu anemone, and a fire fish. Total of 4 or 5 small fishes.

OP
OP
Zoe’s Reef

Zoe’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For comparison, in my biocube 32 I have a pink streaked wrasse, a flame hawk, a yellow head goby, and a valentini puffer. I tried to add a tailspot goby but somebody killed it - my money is on the flame hawk.
Those sound like beautiful fish to have together, thank you!

OP
OP
Zoe’s Reef

Zoe’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to get a wrasse you may try a yellow coris wrasse. I have heard they are less aggressive and small enough for a 32 gallon. I would also suggest a lawnmower blenny. I absolutely loved all of mine. Super hard worker at keeping your rocks clean. Mine got addicted to nori during qt and died when we were on vacation. Welcome to the bc32 gang! They are super awesome tanks.
15971926922589011465873877908312.jpg
Your tank is gorgeous! I really would like a goby and pistol shrimp pair, do you think the lawnmower would get along with them?

OP
OP
Zoe’s Reef

Zoe’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Zoe!
I recommend-
-Royal Gramma, a must have gorgeous fish!
-I also like the Wheeler’s shrimp goby
-Green Clown Goby’s are colorful & have loads of personality!
-a Firefish, or two, or even three, adds both bright color & motion in mid-water.
-Banggai Cardinal pairs add vivid texture
Best of luck with your reef!
Thank you! :) Do you know if a clown goby would get along with a goby + shrimp pair or a bicolor(or tailspot) blenny? Not sure if all these "perching" fish would work together.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is gorgeous! I really would like a goby and pistol shrimp pair, do you think the lawnmower would get along with them?
I don’t think there would be any problems between these two. The goby will stay on the sand and the blenny will mostly stick to the rocks.
As others have said pink streaked or possum wrasses are the only ones really small enough for a tank this size. I did see a suggestion for a pair of fire fish. If you want a fire fish, only get one. They do not do well in pairs long term in my experience.

ichthyoid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! :) Do you know if a clown goby would get along with a goby + shrimp pair or a bicolor(or tailspot) blenny? Not sure if all these "perching" fish would work together.

I had a Clown, Wheeler’s & Bicolor all in a 20 gal reef. I would add the prawn goby first & allow it to pair with a pistol shrimp in a burrow. Then add the Bicolor or Tailspot. After that has found a ‘cubby hole’ you can add the Clown Goby, as they were the true coral percher of the group. No serious bickering among them, even at feeding time.

I later added a Starry Blenny, which would bluster & chase the Bicolor, but not do any real harm.

Starry’s are real comedians, but if I had to do it over, it would have gone in a different (ie- it’s own) tank.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back