OP
OP
AquariumNut-Josh

AquariumNut-Josh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im a little torn ... I keep reading about people saying you need to mod your biocubes . Adding upgrades .. but ive seen alot of success with out all of that just in the normal plain biocubes ... not sure if I want to upgrade the filtration or not add a fugi ... only thing I was gonna do is get a wave maker , leds and maybe an auto top off

OP
OP
AquariumNut-Josh

AquariumNut-Josh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a wave maker but im concerned about the click it makes every time it comes on . Anyone else have this problem and does it stress out fish any?

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey josh i have a halide biocube and as far as modding goes i didn't do anything crazy and i think my mini reef is pretty decent.
mine has a rotating return pump
two koralia pumps
a spinning return pump
u.v sterilizer
stock skimmer
stock return
i turned the back center area into a chaeto fuge which i use in reverse lighting with my display which helps my ph stay balanced.

OP
OP
AquariumNut-Josh

AquariumNut-Josh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe am all cycled . Everything seems stable . Tanks been running a month and a bit . I had 2 cardinal fish and one decided to swim into a hole he couldn't get out of and the tank handled him rotting inside there okay . Im gonna go ahead and buy some corals that I want so I can start the 2 week quarantine ... I only plan on getting frags . About 6 types of zoas , 3-5 different acans and a war coral . All awsome colors and probably a bit over priced lol $365 is what my cart is right now ..... Then ill get some more fish a little later on

OP
OP
AquariumNut-Josh

AquariumNut-Josh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Quarantine is ready just need to wait for my corals . They ship out in 2 weeks

OP
OP
AquariumNut-Josh

AquariumNut-Josh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this at petco today ... looks like a moon coral to me. They had it marked down as a brain .

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413079538633.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413079538633.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 151

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right on... I added 2 of the blue accent LEDs into mine and was slightly disappointed. They made a slight difference but not as much as I would have liked. I kinda wanna go get the other 2 to fill up all 4 but don't wanna spend the money if its not gonna do much... I could get a new coral with the money I spend on those lights... i dunno, I'm on the edge.
Where did you get that live rock?
don't do it not worth the money I loaded all the slots up on mine and still a disappointment. Get the retro kit from rapid led you won't be disappointed.

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for biocube users .... have you guys had a problem with heat ? Mine gets to 80-82
Definitely! If you are running the stock pcs on that heat will be a problem. I did the led diy kit from rapidled on mine and heat and light are no longer a problem stays a steady 79 degrees

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%

Back