new birds nest

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2006
Messages
1,081
Reaction score
2
Location
st charles mo
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry for the bad pic but camera is getting charged

Picture001-4.jpg
 
Oh wow! ME FRAGGY PAAALEASE! LOL!

That's really sweet man congrats. :)
 
I have the same one for three months and the color keeps getting greener and the polyps are bright purple. I have some I can trade if anyone is interested.
 
I have the same one too, and it has always had a very nice green base and purple polyps as well. It is one of my favorite SPS corals. I keep it about 10 inches from 150 watt halides. If you are placing that in a display be sure to give it a ton of space!!! This thing grows faster than just about anything I have seen!! I started with a piece about the size of Chad's about about 7 months ago and have literally made over 50 frags to keep it from growing into the neighbors. I can see new growth almost every day. Even with all the frags I've made, my mother colony has still grown to 5 + inches.
 
I have both also. The Ponape I leave in a dim lit area and is growing with greenish body and purplish/pink edges.

The Tubs has different polyp structure/patterns and grows longer branches.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new