New Blonde Naso

LoganGG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went to my lfs and got a blonde naso tang and by the time i put him in the QT, i noticed he has a few white spots and a small bump on the top of his dorsal fin. I’ve dealt with ick before, it doesn’t look like it to me, but I just want some peace of mind that whatever he has is treatable. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_9580.jpeg IMG_9579.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just went to my lfs and got a blonde naso tang and by the time i put him in the QT, i noticed he has a few white spots and a small bump on the top of his dorsal fin. I’ve dealt with ick before, it doesn’t look like it to me, but I just want some peace of mind that whatever he has is treatable. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_9580.jpeg IMG_9579.jpeg
Pics are little low on light and fish is distant. Often the spots/blotches are stress related and the spots on fins may be lymphocystis which is a condition and not disease. Can use better pics.
Was fish eating before purchase?
The fish is slightly thin and we are seeing an abundance of these from Sri Lanka and are swimming normal and may nibble but suddenly stop eating, feed on their liver becoming weak until the point of being moribund. Hopefully not this guy

OP
OP
L

LoganGG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics are little low on light and fish is distant. Often the spots/blotches are stress related and the spots on fins may be lymphocystis which is a condition and not disease. Can use better pics.
Was fish eating before purchase?
The fish is slightly thin and we are seeing an abundance of these from Sri Lanka and are swimming normal and may nibble but suddenly stop eating, feed on their liver becoming weak until the point of being moribund. Hopefully not this guy
IMG_9583.jpeg

I didn’t see him eat before I got him (a stupid mistake) and when I fed him tonight he was hesitant but he ate a little, i put in a nori sheet that he’s nibbled on a few times though.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
IMG_9583.jpeg

I didn’t see him eat before I got him (a stupid mistake) and when I fed him tonight he was hesitant but he ate a little, i put in a nori sheet that he’s nibbled on a few times though.
Looks like sand grains or same substance you have on your tank bottom. In the morning, you will likely see it no longer on the fish

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back