New bta help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sump Crab
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
2,201
Reaction score
3,192
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a new RBTA on Wednesday. I placed it in a nice hole in my rock in one of the lower lighted areas of the tank. It seems happy there, no movement. It also seems to fully expand everyday and appears healthy. The only issue is that during light rampdown at night it shrivels up small and releases some zooxanthellae. Should I be concerned? Is it just adjusting to its new environment?
20220101_125845.jpg
20211230_120417.jpg
 
It is still adjusting.
 
At night they withdraw, and release their waste. If you want them to grow and split, feed them Silversides.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new