New Build / 380 Gallons Combined

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good Rhett. Are you going to have the frag tank plumbed into the same sump?

OP
OP
commonstranger

commonstranger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Michael 24" was too wide for the spot and 36" was too long. The measurements I had it made were the max for where it is going. Yes Harry the frag tank will be plumbed into the same sump. I will grow out SPS frags there and others in the tank in my other room.

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I wish I had done a little more planning to have my frag tank plumbed in with the big system.

OP
OP
commonstranger

commonstranger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my new frag tank came in yesterday along with the stand. Ocea did a great job on all the items that were delivered. I will post some pics asap. I also got electricity ran to the room yesterday $325 later and I had power in the room.

OP
OP
commonstranger

commonstranger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2930.JPG
Got some water in this thing finally.

IMG_2877.JPG

IMG_2871.JPG

IMG_2878.JPG

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:cry: i want a fish room...

progress is looking good..

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome! You are going to have so much room for corals. I also wish I had a fish room. I had to settle with a fish closet.

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome! You are going to have so much room for corals. I also wish I had a fish room. I had to settle with a fish closet.

This :cry:

OP
OP
commonstranger

commonstranger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliments. It has been alot of work and I have had plenty of people helping me with different things. In regards to the rocks its pretty much all hand picked by me over a period of several months. Im about to do something different and thin it out. Im going to go for more of the bonsai structure and open it up. I will have ALOT of fish in this system and should have a skimmer that will handle the load. I will post pics when I redo the rock work.

Fish Wish List.

Red Sea Purple Tang
Tomini Tang
Blue Hippo
12 Dispar Anthias
24 Green Chromis
Mandrian Goby
Lawn Mower Blenny
Pair of Black and White Clowns
Achilies Tang
2 Naso Tangs (Male and Female)
Red Hooded Fairy Wrasse
6 Yellow Tangs (maybe if I have that many the Purple wont beat all of them up,lol)

Last edited:
OP
OP
commonstranger

commonstranger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic I took the other day that I have titled "Heres looking at you kid!"

IMG_2893.JPG

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really great Rhett! Those are some nice rocks alright. Love the ones that look like different sized shelves. Didn't you have a red sea purple tang? Or did you sell him before building this?

OP
OP
commonstranger

commonstranger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few more pics. The guy in the pic with me is Mike he has helped me alot and is a great guy who is new in the hobby. Just trying to help him and give him the advice I wish someone would have gave me in the very begining that would have saved me alot of money and the lives of many coral and fish. The sump room will be cleaned up alot more. I will cut all of the power cords going to plug ins and shortne them where there will be no excessive wiring hanging around everywhere. I think this will give it a cleaner look. Mel is building a new stand for my frag tank and is going to put one of his killer finish jobs on it. Im really excitied to see how it turns out because everyone knows Mel doesnt do anything halfway. The skimmer I am thinking about getting is the Super Reef Octopus XP 8000 Internal. I really wanted to go external but even with building a whole new room there just wont be enough room for it so I will have to go internal which will be fine. I also have a suprise finish on something Im doing in the room that will make it look really cool but Im not saying what it is yet.

IMG_2997.JPG

IMG_2995.JPG

IMG_3003.JPG

OP
OP
commonstranger

commonstranger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I still have him I meant to put down I already have a few of those fish but forgot too. I wont sale him Hmmm well I doubt anyone is going to write me a check for what I want for him. lol

OP
OP
commonstranger

commonstranger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the lights fired up. The tank was up to 83 degrees today. Hmmmm I pray I dont have to get a chiller. And no Im not ready for LED's on my tank yet so if it doesnt cool down I will have to see what happens.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 95 81.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back