New Build, New Li

  • Thread starter Thread starter hhholds
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hhholds

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2017
Messages
50
Reaction score
21
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious to any opinions out there about lighting choices. I am currently working on a 75gallon build (potentially upgrading to 108 gallon). I have 3 Radion Gen5 XR15 Pro lights for this build. Recently I acquired a brand new Orphek Atlantik iCon and OR3-90 Blue plus light bar (36"). I have ample enough light, I think, for a 48" tank. Would one set be better or possibly a combination of the brands?

The plan is mixed reef but trending heavy on the SPS when complete.

I thought about selling the Orpheks to help fund a bigger tank (the 108), which is dimensionally only wider at 47.24 in. x 23.62 in. x 22.44 in. vs the 75gal at 48x18x21
 
I am curious to any opinions out there about lighting choices. I am currently working on a 75gallon build (potentially upgrading to 108 gallon). I have 3 Radion Gen5 XR15 Pro lights for this build. Recently I acquired a brand new Orphek Atlantik iCon and OR3-90 Blue plus light bar (36"). I have ample enough light, I think, for a 48" tank. Would one set be better or possibly a combination of the brands?

The plan is mixed reef but trending heavy on the SPS when complete.

I thought about selling the Orpheks to help fund a bigger tank (the 108), which is dimensionally only wider at 47.24 in. x 23.62 in. x 22.44 in. vs the 75gal at 48x18x21
Bump
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new