New Build - Red Sea Peninsula 650 (PICS ADDED!)

Alex M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a lot of thought and planning...finally pulled the trigger today on the Red Sea Peninsula 650 and should be here in the next week or two. As this is my first build I am taking it slow and appreciate any help!

I ordered a 5 stage RODI system and two 55 gallon Brute cans to set up in the basement. Never done this before so trying to think of the best way.

Equipment List to start:
Red Sea Peninsula 650
4 AI TwentySix
Red Sea RSK 600 Skimmer
Vectra M1 Pump
2 MP40s
57Watt UV Sterilizer
BRS 6 Stage RODI
Neptune APEX
Neptune ATO
100lbs. Live Rock

Welcome any advice, suggestions, guidance and areas of caution as I begin this process. Will start to post pictures once things begin to fall in place!

Excited for this!!

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a lot of thought and planning...finally pulled the trigger today on the Red Sea Peninsula 650 and should be here in the next week or two. As this is my first build I am taking it slow and appreciate any help!

I ordered a 5 stage RODI system and two 55 gallon Brute cans to set up in the basement. Never done this before so trying to think of the best way.

Equipment List to start:
Red Sea Peninsula 650
4 AI TwentySix
Red Sea RSK 600 Skimmer
Vectra M1 Pump
2 MP40s
57Watt UV Sterilizer
BRS 6 Stage RODI
Neptune APEX
Neptune ATO
100lbs. Live Rock

Welcome any advice, suggestions, guidance and areas of caution as I begin this process. Will start to post pictures once things begin to fall in place!

Excited for this!!
Following and congrats on the reefer I can’t wait to pull that trigger one day :rolleyes:....Sounds like a good start equipment wise I’ve heard very mixed opinions on the vectra pumps some people love them some hate them and in my opinion the UV sterilizer is a waste

OP
OP
Alex M

Alex M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update - Stand assembled and RODI system set up downstairs. Still trying to work through what hanging options there are for 4 AI Hydra 26s.
Pics for an idea of how the peninsula will separate my rooms... tank delivery and install in a week!
file-24.jpeg
file3-6.jpeg
file1-13.jpeg
file2-9.jpeg

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I have just done this - plan your rock on the floor before putting it in the tank .

standing on a stool hanging over your tank trying to rearrange 10-20lbs of rock is a quick recipe to a sore back

keep us updated love the placement!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I have just done this - plan your rock on the floor before putting it in the tank .

standing on a stool hanging over your tank trying to rearrange 10-20lbs of rock is a quick recipe to a sore back

keep us updated love the placement!

sounds like a great excuse to go get a massage....I mean its all ways time for some great body work. just what you need after a sorce back from reefing. :D

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back