new camera = new pics

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I pretty much always use the macro. I still have yet to figure out how to shorten the timer. One thing I have been experimenting with is using eggcrate above the frag Im photographing to change how much light is on the frag. It seems like my better pics have less light over them.

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I pretty much always use the macro. I still have yet to figure out how to shorten the timer. One thing I have been experimenting with is using eggcrate above the frag Im photographing to change how much light is on the frag. It seems like my better pics have less light over them.

really? where did you learn how to do that? i've never heard of that.

i figure when trying to shoot macros with a small aperature, that less light would get through. thus lower light conditions would make things worse in the picture as you'd have to up the ISO.

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really have no idea. I still don't understand how to take good pics. The only thing I mess with is the apature. I start in av mode at about 9 and then I take a pic at each setting til I get to 16. Then I use which ever pic looks best.

Last edited:

flytrap

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surfn,

I just purchased my XT just 5 month ago and I should of known that something else was come when they offered the $100.00 rebate. I love mine since I had EOS 620 Film camera so I had lenses that I can use with my new EOS Rebel XT.

Steve

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really have no idea. I still don't understand how to take good pics. The only thing I mess with is the apature. I start in av mode at about 9 and then I take a pic at each setting til I get to 16. Then I use which ever pic looks best.

yeah, those last couple of pics taken in RAW were the first time i've messed with the AV mode. although i totally forgot to mess with the aperature. i'll have to do what you said and take a pic in each setting to see if i can actually see a difference.

Surfn,

I just purchased my XT just 5 month ago and I should of known that something else was come when they offered the $100.00 rebate. I love mine since I had EOS 620 Film camera so I had lenses that I can use with my new EOS Rebel XT.

Steve

didn't the XTi come out sometime last spring? i got my XTi the day after thanksgiving from circuit city. had a 15% coupon from the paper, plus the $100 they already knocked off for their black friday sales. so i got mine cheaper than anywhere i could find it on the internet. ;)

Last edited:
Back