New Clam Hammock

Texas Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
433
Location
Pearland, Tx.
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed my Clam on a hammock I left in my refugium for a week. Any suggestions?
d7d69742727ca36ba333de4eba45ca85.jpg
0518f857e52b114d5d5763acdefb71a6.jpg
 
The clam hammock is fine but the derasa looks to be gaping in the last pic. Usually not a good sign I'm afraid.
 
Ugh, I've got a quarter sized snail that likes to keep the clam's shell clean and it keeps pulling the clam over. Maybe I should build a cage over during the melding process.
 
This is the area where it would attatch. I would suggest tilting it forward so that rests on the rock. Should make him more stable as well.
20181010_190637.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new