New Clam, need help!

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this clam and still in dripping acclimation, I saw few green spots on the clam shell and I wonder if Its normal or parasites and needed to clean up, from the Clam ID thread from @skinz78 I think it's a Crocea but I'm not sure because the LFS tagged it's Maxima. Thanks for any tips!
clam.jpg

I kept my eyes on this clam for a while now, pretty much its sat on LFS tank for over a month, so far from my inspection there is no sight of any snails yet.

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I have another question.
The Maxima stayed on the flat rock on the sand bed and open up nicely (I still acclimating it to my light Kessil schedule), my tank is in my room so I stay in my room doing stuff on weekend and I noticed the clam very responsive to my movements, it's mantle retracted and open quite often because of me, so I wonder if its ok like that or I giving it too much stresses?

OP
OP
Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second night! I investigated the clam with flash light after tank light out for unwanted pest or parasites and look like the clam is clean, its attached to the rock. I'll let it be for few more days before I going to make a minor rock adjustment for better view. I'm really appreciated all the guide/tips that @skinz78 wrote in this forum, it's make my days a lot easier and of course all the advises from all nice friendly members here :p /bow

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back