ClearView Aquarium Lids Master Thread - It all started RIGHT HERE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I sent a question on the website but I haven;t received a response . I want to order a cover for a RED SEA XL525 and currently have 2 Raidion XR30 with mounts. I would like the option of adding a third is there some way of accommodating this .
Thank you

Assuming you are setting up your 525XL lighting like most we have seen come through you shouldn't have any issues. If you are adding a 3rd light I'd imagine it would be centered behind the overflow which won't interfere with the lid at all. In doing this you may however move your existing lights further out. If you are using the stock RMS mounts with NO spacers then your opening size is only about 3/4" wide so you could request the openings be longer to allow you a little play in the placement of your lighting....keeping in mind however this increases openings for escape if you have those types of fish ;)

bpapo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming you are setting up your 525XL lighting like most we have seen come through you shouldn't have any issues. If you are adding a 3rd light I'd imagine it would be centered behind the overflow which won't interfere with the lid at all. In doing this you may however move your existing lights further out. If you are using the stock RMS mounts with NO spacers then your opening size is only about 3/4" wide so you could request the openings be longer to allow you a little play in the placement of your lighting....keeping in mind however this increases openings for escape if you have those types of fish ;)
Ok thank you this sounds like what I want how would I specify this in the order

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

At the bottom of the checkout page there is a box for order comments. This should be included there. State the length (left to right) and width (front to back) of the opening size you want for the light mount. Then state the measurement from the nearest inside glass edge to the 'start' of the mount opening.

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Reefer 525XL with Three Radion G4's with the RMS mounts. I called, And Artfully Acrylic took down all my numbers and specifics. The day they were going to cut it, called me to verify measurements. Lid came out perfect!!!

Devlin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We look forward to making your lid and seeing you at MACNA!! We will be offering to bring lids to MACNA for pickup for those who order early enough =)

Great news indeed. We look forward to it!
Would next Friday be to late to meet the deadline? I need to get it all running to see what cutouts I will need.

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh!!!! $119.00 for a Red Sea Nano? Seems WAY OVERPRICED for what it is.

I t looks nice and maybe for $40.00 dollars, $50.00 tops but $119.00? I will be passing on this product.

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh!!!! $119.00 for a Red Sea Nano? Seems WAY OVERPRICED for what it is.

I t looks nice and maybe for $40.00 dollars, $50.00 tops but $119.00? I will be passing on this product.

Uh! $119.99 for a Red Sea Nano?

One day we hope to find ways to drop the pricing but for now based on the programming to customize the lid for each individuals lights, power-heads, cords, etc. along with material costs, overhead etc. that is the lowest we can go. We do realize there is a market for standard lids without any customization and are working on a solution to meet that markets demands.

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to make a couple small notched in my mesh cover for a GHL breeze fan to mount to the back glass on my tank. What is the preferred way to do this? I don't want to chance cracking or damaging the perfect top I have now. Please advise. Thanks! Jeff

SpikeWire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my Lid last week and it is truly amazing. Perfect fir for my CAD Lights 120 and looks gorgeous. I have three wrasse and they used to occasionally hid the old BRS mesh lid that I had. It could actually move a bit when they did. Now they hit this one and it's like hitting a wall and man can you hear it. Poor guys may have concussions. :) Totally worth the price and wait!

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to make a couple small notched in my mesh cover for a GHL breeze fan to mount to the back glass on my tank. What is the preferred way to do this? I don't want to chance cracking or damaging the perfect top I have now. Please advise. Thanks! Jeff

Jeff, we have had customer use a file if they are trying to add notches to the lid. I would probably just use a dremel to file away enough space. Hope this helps.

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my Lid last week and it is truly amazing. Perfect fir for my CAD Lights 120 and looks gorgeous. I have three wrasse and they used to occasionally hid the old BRS mesh lid that I had. It could actually move a bit when they did. Now they hit this one and it's like hitting a wall and man can you hear it. Poor guys may have concussions. :) Totally worth the price and wait!

Thank you for the feedback! Very happy to hear the lid is saving lives :)

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff, we have had customer use a file if they are trying to add notches to the lid. I would probably just use a dremel to file away enough space. Hope this helps.

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't crack. Appreciate the quick reply. Everyone that has seen my tank remarks about the screen top. Nice work! JP

retin78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow I try to order a Lid but I had to cancel. Shipping was 75 dollar. Really? 48x30 lid cost 75 dollar to ship to california?

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0112.JPG
Thanks! I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't crack. Appreciate the quick reply. Everyone that has seen my tank remarks about the screen top. Nice work! JP

Notched the lid to accommodate the fans. Thanks for the Drexel recommendations. Very happy how it turned out.

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a great price for for the time/shipping/products. I wish everyone could have a chance to run there own company. They would know what it cost to build something like this. Sorry for highjacking.

Great Price! Great product!

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a great price for for the time/shipping/products. I wish everyone could have a chance to run there own company. They would know what it cost to build something like this. Sorry for highjacking.

Part of being a business owner is getting feedback. The good business men are the ones who listen and don't get sensitive and defensive about it. Your initial reply "You build it!" Though many people think that, the poster is intitled to an opinion and feedback without being torched. He is a potential customer after all.

Incredible corals reply shows they are a good vendor and worth working with.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0112.JPG

Notched the lid to accommodate the fans. Thanks for the Drexel recommendations. Very happy how it turned out.

That's great jporter! Looking good! Enjoy your ClearView!

All good Dan. When it comes to a lid that size it's almost all in the labor and time. We don't make much. Polycarbonate is an expensive material...twice as much as acrylic. But it's the right material for this product and guaranteed to keep customer's happy for a very long time.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOOHOO!!!! POST #1000 ON THIS THREAD!! WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER ;)

Never thought this thread would have over 1000 posts and nearing 90,000 views! All our gratitude and thanks goes to YOU ALL. Thanks for trusting in ArtFully Acrylic and ClearView. Here here to the next 1000 posts.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back