New clownfish

Alecia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we completed the process of cycling our tank. We have had a green chromis who is a beast and survived the process because we were impatient, along with our blenny. Saturday we purchased a pair of small clownfish who seem to be healthy in every aspect except one. They won't eat. We are feeding brine shrimp which our chromis loves and which I thought the clowns would as well. The first day they didn't eat I didnt worry too much because I figured they needed some time to adjust to their new home, but I just fed them when I got home from school and still nothing. The smaller one ate one bite and the larger one none that I saw. What gives!? I would think they would be starving by now...

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're probably stressed out from the move. Give them time. Are you putting any of these fish in quarantine or just throwing them in your tank? When you do that you risk bringing in disease and parasites that can wipe out your whole tank. From what I've seen you are moving way to fast. One important thing to remember with this hobby is to go slow and take your time. If you rush things you're going to have deaths. And don't be afraid to ask for guidance, that's what were all here for :)

OP
OP
A

Alecia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I didn't share the entire story lol. We first bought two chromis, one passed away. We also bought a goby, he only lasted a day. We bought a master test kit and our nitrite and ammonia levels are 0. We were told that meant we were cycled. I know we are moving fast but I can't help it. I do need more information on a quarantine tank. That will be my next purchase before getting any pricy fish. This is my first tank so I am learning, my bf has had one before. He brought home coral last night after we decided we needed a few months before we tried any so Im kind of doing damage control and learning as well.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back