New Clownfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Msimbana
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Msimbana

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Location
Allentown
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased 2 clowns fish, I fed them this morning but only one ate. The one that ate is exploring the tank while the other one is only in a corner around the sand. Is that normal behavior?
 
Any signs of heavy breathing or anything like that? How recent is "recently"? Sometimes clownfish are weirdos and do weird things. Also, fish take time to get used to their new homes.
 
I got them yesterday and honestly it's a little hard to tell because the one that's active moves a lot and can't see the difference.
 
Wouldn't worry about it right now. Don't overfeed, let your smallest clown get comfy. He'll come out when he feels a little better.
 
Okay thank you. When should I start to worry?
20200517_014438.gif
 
Okay thank you. When should I start to worry?
20200517_014438.gif
If your smaller clown hasn't eaten in a week, then you should worry. You're probably fine; they'll work out their own hierarchy ... takes several days, but they'll work it out.
 
I recently purchased 2 clowns fish, I fed them this morning but only one ate. The one that ate is exploring the tank while the other one is only in a corner around the sand. Is that normal behavior?
Probably just nervous to be in a new environment. I wouldn’t worry too much :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new