New coral

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Benji, glad you were able to get a timer, it didn’t seem like you would before you left for your Holiday. Really, I can’t tell what Im looking at or even what type of coral that is, to blue. Can you take another picture with white lights on or at least shine a flashlight on it? @I never finish anythi is spot on about knowing where your salinity is at. More often than not when someone posts that their parameters are fine, after constant prodding, they list them and they are not. Often we find the problem and fix there. Please list your complete parameters, we want to help.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Benji, glad you were able to get a timer, it didn’t seem like you would before you left for your Holiday. Really, I can’t tell what Im looking at or even what type of coral that is, to blue. Can you take another picture with white lights on or at least shine a flashlight on it? @I never finish anythi is spot on about knowing where your salinity is at. More often than not when someone posts that their parameters are fine, after constant prodding, they list them and they are not. Often we find the problem and fix there. Please list your complete parameters, we want to help.
Very sorry for the late reply I’ve been busy lately so today the coral is going great and it looks way better then when I first got it I think it was going in a depression mode when I put it in the tank but now it is doing great and the polyps are all out and it’s fully open up. And it’s a toadstool coral I can’t wait to watch it grow

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sorry for the late reply I’ve been busy lately so today the coral is going great and it looks way better then when I first got it I think it was going in a depression mode when I put it in the tank but now it is doing great and the polyps are all out and it’s fully open up. And it’s a toadstool coral I can’t wait to watch it grow
Great to hear! Ya, they do sulk from transportation and acclimation. Happy New Year!

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait I came upstairs again to have a look I tested the parameters again and ther all fine I’ll get a photo to show you what it looks like now it just keeps closing up and opening
IMG_0254.jpeg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait I came upstairs again to have a look I tested the parameters again and ther all fine I’ll get a photo to show you what it looks like now it just keeps closing up and opening
IMG_0254.jpeg
I only have a sinularia at the moment and it closes when lights are out. So when lights come on in the morning it is still closed for a while. Leathers in general close off and on at other times for no apparent reason. Post a picture when it’s open and happy.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have a sinularia at the moment and it closes when lights are out. So when lights come on in the morning it is still closed for a while. Leathers in general close off and on at other times for no apparent reason. Post a picture when it’s open and happy.
Yep I’ll see if he’s open tomorrow and get a pick he looks really good when he’s open it’s amazing how they go from all ther polyps out and looking beautiful to then looking like a flat rock.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I’ll see if he’s open tomorrow and get a pick he looks really good when he’s open it’s amazing how they go from all ther polyps out and looking beautiful to then looking like a flat rock.
Just got 2 new corals a duncan and some gsp the gsp isn’t opened that much I’m not sure if that’s bad or good but the Duncan is looking great here’s a pic
IMG_3836.jpeg

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But my toadstool is still looking like this i oh moved it up on to a rock
IMG_3830.jpeg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got 2 new corals a duncan and some gsp the gsp isn’t opened that much I’m not sure if that’s bad or good but the Duncan is looking great here’s a pic
IMG_3836.jpeg
Beautiful duncan! Your gsp will open, it may take a few days to a week. It just needs to acclimate to your system. They are pretty indestructible, gsp and cockroaches are the only thing that will survive a nuclear war. You didn’t post a picture but you should have it isolated on an island so it doesn’t take over.
FCC67ECD-D085-48F1-B8AB-3778F42EA32B.jpeg

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful duncan! Your gsp will open, it may take a few days to a week. It just needs to acclimate to your system. They are pretty indestructible, gsp and cockroaches are the only thing that will survive a nuclear war. You didn’t post a picture but you should have it isolated on an island so it doesn’t take over.
FCC67ECD-D085-48F1-B8AB-3778F42EA32B.jpeg
The gsp is now open by the looks of it exscuse the algae the Duncan is still looking good just the toadstool still hasn’t opened and they are one of the easier corals he looked really good ehen he was open
IMG_0256.jpeg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gsp is now open by the looks of it exscuse the algae the Duncan is still looking good just the toadstool still hasn’t opened and they are one of the easier corals he looked really good ehen he was open
IMG_0256.jpeg
Leathers can be a little finicky but like you said hardy and easy to care for. If your duncan is doing well your toadstool will be fine, patience.

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leathers can be a little finicky but like you said hardy and easy to care for. If your duncan is doing well your toadstool will be fine, patience.
Yeah true but you know how my toadstool opened for 2 days then closed what if that happens to my new corals

OP
OP
Benji k

Benji k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and for the Duncan do I need to feed it and how often and all i have is adult brine shrimp is that fine to feed

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back