New corals not closing, should i be worried?

ManWithAPlan

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2024
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
Location
Israel
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Few days ago I got an elegance and two torches.... and the corals didn't close at all at night unlike every other coral I've ever had.

Should I be worried?
Could they burn out?exhaust themselves to death?
 
Update: it's been about a week I've had the corals. They started closing 2 nights ago, after 5 days!!.
One of the torches looks great.
Another looks a little sad.
And the elegance has been looking stressed as hell yesterday and pooping alot today.
 

Attachments

  • 1733498383808573477071368114523.jpg
    1733498383808573477071368114523.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 17334984778824829400362919118639.jpg
    17334984778824829400362919118639.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 17334984941131328949642497048423.jpg
    17334984941131328949642497048423.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 32
The Elegance is expelling Zooxanthellae, indicative of acclimation stress.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new