New Corals

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chrisz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chrisz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
373
Reaction score
104
Location
Duluth, MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

Its been years since I last got any new corals, I just got home with some SPS corals...got questions on acclimation.

Treat them just like a fish right, drip acclimate?

Start the corals at the bottom and work them up the aqua scape I believe.

I do not want to put the stores water in my tank, if I remember right sponges are the only coral that cant be exposed to air.

sps.jpg tank.jpg
 
I just float for 15 minutes, do any pest control dips or whatever, then drop em in. Dripping stresses the coral because the salinity keeps changing, fish like a slow transition and coral seem to like a one and done deal :)
 
I was bad...went shopping again got more :)

Think I will need to re-home some hammer head to make room

5.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 59
I float them, break them off the frag plugs and glue them to my rocks. Only dip if I get from someone I don't know (think frag show, LFS), 99% of the on line venders would not want it posted here that they are sending out "infected" frag and go to great lengths to make sure their systems are disease free.
 
I float them, break them off the frag plugs and glue them to my rocks. Only dip if I get from someone I don't know (think frag show, LFS), 99% of the on line venders wouldnot want it posted here that they are sending out "infected" frag and go to great lengths to make sure their systems are disease free.
what do you glue them down with?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new