New cube

howard1818

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi looking to start my first tank and was looking at a Marineland 93 cube. I have seen some older posts about the seems on these not being very good along with the stand quality. Any advice on this? Looks like I could do an acrylic for more money. I've also looked at Planet Aquarium and really like their stuff they only make a 60 but they could custom a 30x30. Thanks excited to get started

JMMJ13902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had a 93gal cube made from marineland going for 5 years now and still going strong. I didn't get the rimless one but know a guy with rimless as well and it's still going strong for 2-3 years. You should be fine. Make sure to examinate the silicons well to check for no bubbles before pick up.

Congrats on the build.

OP
OP
H

howard1818

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks now looking at an SCA the footprint may work better for my space

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks now looking at an SCA the footprint may work better for my space
Just looked them up ... sharp looking tanks.
Make sure to check for reviews on any tank you decide to go with and if custom make sure you give a good look over before taking.

By the way ...
IMG_4786 santa.jpg

OP
OP
H

howard1818

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the welcome, I have been checking the reviews, everything looks pretty good and I have a good LFS that is going to help with setup. Thanks

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the welcome, I have been checking the reviews, everything looks pretty good and I have a good LFS that is going to help with setup. Thanks

I've had two SCA tanks. First was a 50g cube and current tank is their 66g. Really great looking tanks. Only drawback is that they use a thin walled pvc pipe. On both I did my own plumbing from scratch. One thing I was surprised about was how well the skimmers work (if you get a package deal that includes everything).

OP
OP
H

howard1818

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, at my LFS they are kind of old school and don't run skimmers, they are getting me a quote on a custom tank the same size as the SCA 80. Since it's my first tank I want a normal plumbing set up.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back