new custom glass tank

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Messages
1,458
Reaction score
6
Location
Soddy Daisy, TN.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a new tank built 8' x 3' x 27" high. I would like to know who has large tanks and who built them and some contact info if you know who to talk to. I want starfire from and external overflow. So who makes the best tanks?
 
I think Marineland makes that tank in a standard dimension.

Otherwise, being where you are, you might try Miracles or if you're a big baller, AGE :D
 
I cant find a marineland with those dimensions that is what I wanted first. My tank now is 8' x 2' x 36" tall I just want more front to back.
 
those dimensions are going to be pricey,the marineland is a 6 footer when you to to 8ft and the 36 width you have to go to a new level of thickness on the glass, 3/4 inch. (SUPER HEAVY!!!)

I think acrylic would be your best option, i am currently looking to do a
96L X 48W X 30H BIG MONEY
 
just go 10x3x2'. When you go over 24" in height aquascaping, coral placements etc is a pain. 10' Starfire front my guess is 2500-3000.

are you only interested in local or are you willing to get shipped?

Leemar is the bomb.
 
ya marineland's biggest deep dimension is only 6' x 3' x 27". i would go with the original proposed 27". it seems to be the perfect height to me. mine is the 4' x 3' x 27" marineland. if you want the 8' or 10' i would do the lemar, they are pretty sick!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new