New Deresa

  • Thread starter Thread starter VTBig053
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

VTBig053

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2018
Messages
622
Reaction score
626
Location
Northern Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added this guy to my tank today. Gave me quite a scare when I was actually placing it in my tank. When I finished drip acclimating it, I picked it up by the base of the rock it was attached to and by the shell with the other hand. It felt like the foot had become loose during transport but I turned it over gently a few times to "burp" it. As I was turning it, the foot came completely detached from the rock and I freaked out thinking I tore the foot. I immediately set it down on the rock in my tank and it opened within a minute or two. I think it must have mostly detached itself from the rock during the car ride home and I just helped it finished when turning it over.

Anyway, its been in the tank for almost three-hours now and still seems perfectly fine. Reacting to light, etc. Here it is....

0b2tavB.jpg


Top down
dMa4s87.jpg
 
Thanks everyone. I know it was well taken care of before I acquired it. I hope I can continue to do the same.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new