New di unit

huckilt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jus got me a new BRS TRIPLE DI SAVER and was wondering if the canisters should fill up with water when in use or is there something going on here? Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0261.MOV
    9.7 MB

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,loosen cans while watching!! to release "burp" air out in sequence :) do you have adequate water pressure? @LiveWire ;)

OP
OP
H

huckilt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I first noticed it was doing that I held up the float valve at the end of the line and they filled up soon as I let the float down it all gushed out. I’m not too sure of the pressure as I don’t have a gauge to read. My old ro unit fills right up and stays filled. It produces a descent amount of water so I would assume there’s enough pressure to get the job done I’m guessing anywhere from 40-55psi just a guess tho. One of these days I plan to add a booster pump and gauge but for the amount of water I make I wasn’t to worried about what the pressure was. I know at my parents my fathers ro unit runs slower than mine and he is running 75 psi he could possibly need to change his filters though. Mine is running fine like it is, steady stream of product water and I’m getting 19tds going into the di, 0 before and after the mixed bed resin. But if it’s supposed to be filled at all times then i would like to figure it out. I’ll try popping em open to purge the air see if that does the trick. Thanks once again for the response as well. Were you able to view the video? I tried to watch it after I posted the thread but couldn’t.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes was able to see,double check all connections for air intake possible??

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As @fishguy242 stated I as well loosen mine to "Burp the air from them. Sometimes it will take a little time to purge the rest of it out as well. Is it just one of the three or do you have air in all of them?

OP
OP
H

huckilt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi,loosen cans while watching!! to release "burp" air out in sequence :) do you have adequate water pressure? @LiveWire ;)

This worked perfectly thank you both so much for the help.
As @fishguy242 stated I as well loosen mine to "Burp the air from them. Sometimes it will take a little time to purge the rest of it out as well. Is it just one of the three or do you have air in all of them?

Thank you both so much this worked perfectly!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 49 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back