New Dual Temp Controller From Pymeter.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea how well this works but there is at least one reef tank owner on Amazon who says it's working great for him. For those willing to try something new this seems to be an alternative to an Inkbird and it also has a UK 220V plug versions.
Temperature-Controller-PY-20TT-10-1100x1100.jpg

Also the company has a WiFi version

WIFI-Thermostat-PYW19TT-1-1100x1100.jpg

I know nothing about this product. I just found it while browsing on Amazon and figured I would pass on the info in case someone is looking for an alternative system that at least has redundant temp probes. I understand they can be used one for each outlet or as redundancy on a single outlet. It also can display in Fahrenheit.

OP
OP
robbyg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Probes will rust but thank you for sharing :)
Are you sure? There is a reef tank owner who has had one since march who has not mentioned that.

U

User1

View Badges
Waterproof - but in a marine environment? Saltwater is the question.

Let's see if anyone is using here or have any other information. Thanks for posting there @robbyg

Hope all is well!

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He could have been freshwater, saltwater tends to make probes rust more. Anyway, I might look deeper into it/

OP
OP
robbyg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He could have been freshwater, saltwater tends to make probes rust more. Anyway, I might look deeper into it/
Read more of the reviews. The first one sounds like a FW tank but there is one further down were the guy says he is running a Reef Tank.

OP
OP
robbyg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just buy a ranco.
I am using a Rebranded Ranco as my backup but the price is not cheap. For some people spending that kind of money is just not possible or in some cases not worthwhile to them.

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure? There is a reef tank owner who has had one since march who has not mentioned that.
You can buy Amazon reviews (with cash or just free products) just like you can buy likes/followers on Facebook... I wouldn't put too much into a single review or even a few but hey that's just me. The only metal that won't rust in a saltwater environment is Titanium. Even good stainless will rust pretty quickly...

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cheap alternative
This is what I have on my observation tank. You have to wire it just like the ranco, but it's really easy and the probe is safe for saltwater without any alterations. Only caveat is it's Celsius only, which isn't a big deal. Set it for 25.5 (77.9) and you're set. It has two stages, heating and cooling.

OP
OP
robbyg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only metal that won't rust in a saltwater environment is Titanium. Even good stainless will rust pretty quickly...
That is not exactly true. It all depends on the grade of stainless steel used. I made my first chiller using a 1ft x 4” wide piece of stainless steel pipe left in garbage heep at a dairy plant. Each end had connectors for the next length but I used two circular 1/2” thick circular acrylic plates to bold down on the existing rubber seals and bunged off both ends. I then wrapped the pipe tightly with fridge copper tubing and covered the outside with insulation: drilled into the end caps and mounted two 3/4” pipende. Next was building the case and buying the compressed, fans and condensing coil.

the system worked flawlessly for ten years and the chamber never had a speck of rusti on it.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.2%
Back