new duel wifi icecap interface on Apex. help needed

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I have the new icecap wifi duel 4k controller with two grye pumps and I have connected it my apex via a

Alternate Gyre Mode Modified Cable for Gyre Interface Modules​

This 6.5ft cable allows you to run your Maxspect Gyre in both forward and reverse direction by using one full Variable Speed port on your Apex to connect two 0-10v signals to a single IceCap Gyre Interface Module.

When using the Neptune Apex with the Gyre Interface module it allows complete control over the pumps at any point throughout the day. With simple visible graphing through the Apex Fusion interface, controlling Gyre pumps has never been this simple.
This cable allows you to run your Maxspect Gyre in both forward and reverse direction by using one full Variable Speed port on your Apex to connect two 0-10v signals to a single IceCap Gyre Interface Module.

WELL ITS NOT SIMPLE, ive plugged the cable in, added the var speeds ports to my dashboard, and tested the power by turning it off and on. my pumps do not power down, I even swapped vports i can not get them to power down, this is like the second step in the setup process what am i not doing? did i order the wrong cable maybe?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First that cable is not specifically for the icecap IC2GC (what you're calling the Icecap 4k dual wifi controller), rather the old XF1x0 XF2x0 series Icecap gyre interface modules..

Second the IC2GC is going to be doing the day to day work of controlling the pumps, the external 0-10v port is really only meant to drive events like turn off all my pumps to clean, or turn off / reduce the flow while feed mode is enabled (from the apex).

Start here and setup the IC2GC correctly:

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I follow that link to the T and still no luck. I had it working successfully for some time before an app update wiped the setting, now I can't get it to work again.

Is anyone doing anything different than the programing stated in the guide?

Just to make sure I have the correct var1 or var2, I used the same code below on both. Set as 'Auto'. (I even swapped var 3 and var4 for the same code just in case)

Apex var_base code:

Set 0
If FeedA 000 Then 20

then on the app slider I selected 2.0 V input. Input 1 and also tried Input 2.

Nada. Anyone?

madrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having exactly the same issue. Tried everything to get the feeding mode activated or any mode but it will not work. I followed the instruction to the dot.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the video link above, but those 2 in the playlist didn't talk about Apex integration.

Can you share your Apex programming code on your gyre (i.e. base_Var1) variable outlets? Thanks!

MCWL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and I thought it was me. My 0-10 activation of modes stopped working also. I am not sure when, because I had not used in a few weeks, but tried last week, and it dont work.
I did not change anything. I checked the programing. I checked to confirm that voltage was being switched to the plug going into the icecap controller. It still dont work. If anyone has been able to fix this issue, please help. Thanks

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you're not alone.

Appears you made no changes and it stopped working. And since you made no changes, you would expect something to work as it did previously. I was in this limbo for awhile then I decided to do a full reset and treat it as a new install. However make note of your settings and wiring i.e. channel 1/2 vs 3/4.

My current speculation is that maybe something physical happen to my device that is preventing the controlling cable to make full contact. Planning to open up the box and make sure it's able to snuggly plug in. Can't think of anything else since I've tried a full reinstall.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know if you all know about this but it’s mentioned in the Coralvue videos. Be sure that the right Fusion dashboard output is matched to the right 0-10V cable.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back