New Equipment

Erick Merfeld

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2015
Messages
141
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55 gal saltwater tank. I am looking for some information on protein skimmers and also RO systems.

I am looking for a good protein skimmer and also a good RO system. But I also don't want these purchases to break my bank account.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Erick
 
I get my RO/DI unit and replacements from an online vendor called purewaterclub[dot]com. Not a very easy website to use, but prices are great.
As for a protein skimmer, I would recommend a Bubble Magus Curve 5. I have heard great things about Reef Octopus, but their diversity of models makes it a whole project to select the appropriate one.
 
Thank you. The skimmer needs to be hang on because I do not have a sump. I am just looking for different supplies that will help keep my water as clean as possible and once I have that under control I can start building my tank up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new