NEW FEATHER DUSTER OUT OF TUBE

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't know that their behavior day one in the tank is great barometer for how favorable or not favorable conditions are. Your original post says parameters are good, but only lists nitrate, nitrite, and ammonia (the latter 2 are not really relevant for tanks that are already cycled). Phosphate? Alkalinity? pH? Not sure if those will affect a feather duster, but certainty could. Also tank is looking very new, so unless you are specifically feeding them/broadcasting tiny foods they are likely not getting food.

All I am saying is that there are a number of factors at play and we don't have all the details.

OP
OP
Norcoreefer

Norcoreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know that their behavior day one in the tank is great barometer for how favorable or not favorable conditions are. Your original post says parameters are good, but only lists nitrate, nitrite, and ammonia (the latter 2 are not really relevant for tanks that are already cycled). Phosphate? Alkalinity? pH? Not sure if those will affect a feather duster, but certainty could. Also tank is looking very new, so unless you are specifically feeding them/broadcasting tiny foods they are likely not getting food.

All I am saying is that there are a number of factors at play and we don't have all the details.
I've never seen feather duster sensitive to anything aside from ammonia nitrate nitrite and ph. All of which are good and within very acceptable range. I had 2 feather dusters in another tank years ago and never once had an issue even when the tank hit the fan and almost crashed.

I am feeding phyto again it's day 1. Food source on day 1 seems unlikely to jump a tube and melt feathers. I'm not an expert on feather dusters but I'm not a total novice either. I will say that I didn't buy them from a reputable shop at all, the tanks they were in were quite gross but he claimed that he had them for like 2 weeks or more so idk.

Fishy Fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calm down dude , it's feather duster we are talking about here , they will recover as long as there are no predators in tank

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back