New firmware 5.03 9C17 for 2016 Apex causes fusion disconnect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sedgro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi -

Just upgraded my firmware to 5.03 9C17 and now my Apex won't connect to Fusion or anything else. Rebooted everything several times (Apex, router, ...). What is going on?

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi -

Just upgraded my firmware to 5.03 9C17 and now my Apex won't connect to Fusion or anything else. Rebooted everything several times (Apex, router, ...). What is going on?

Hi.

Just joined this forum, but have been using the Apex for some months now. I was actually just googling around to see if anyone had any experience with this firmware update that just magically appeared today. Guess I'll wait before installing it.

If you're still disconnected you're probably in a panic because I would be. Are you running on wireless? If so, your problem may be solvable by doing a wifi reset (which will NOT erase any of your programming data! I've done this myself.)

First, use a paperclip to push and hold the reset switch on the Apex for 5-7 seconds (no longer) to re-enable wifi hotspot setup (light should turn blue). Then use your phone to connect to the apex's wifi network. Then use your phone's browser to connect to apex.local, or if that doesn't work, use the address 172.16.0.1. Follow the prompts and this should allow your apex to find your home network again. Hope that works for you!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back