0   0   0
Whats Up Hello GIF by Make it Move

Legendary Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Happy to join the community. It’s already been incredibly helpful. Been reading and researching a ton lately as I just dived into my first saltwater tank (an evo13, build thread coming soon)

I got my first small clown yesterday, but he’s not even noticing the pellets I drop in? Completely oblivious. Not gonna worry yet but any tips are appreciated!

IMG_1340.jpeg
Beautiful clownfish! Clownfish can take a while to get used to their home. If it doesn't eat by the end of the second day, I would try feeding either some frozen food or live brine shrimp. Just to help get its appetite going and keep it healthy while it gets comfortable. Once it gets into the habit of eating in its new home, it should feed on pellets.

OP
OP
Saul T

Saul T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful clownfish! Clownfish can take a while to get used to their home. If it doesn't eat by the end of the second day, I would try feeding either some frozen food or live brine shrimp. Just to help get its appetite going and keep it healthy while it gets comfortable. Once it gets into the habit of eating in its new home, it should feed on pellets.
Thank you for the advice! I actually had some luck today with the frozen baby brine. He definitely didn’t hesitate lol. So at least there’s that. Honestly it was a relief to get that first feeding (flashbacks to having a newborn again)

Another commenter recommended garlic guard w the pellets, which just so happens to be on the menu tomorrow.

I appreciate all the support!

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Happy to join the community. It’s already been incredibly helpful. Been reading and researching a ton lately as I just dived into my first saltwater tank (an evo13, build thread coming soon)

I got my first small clown yesterday, but he’s not even noticing the pellets I drop in? Completely oblivious. Not gonna worry yet but any tips are appreciated!

IMG_1340.jpeg
Welcome! I always start new fish off on something they cant resist, like live brine shrimp

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 57 41.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 49.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back