New fish ich problem

elcapitan1993

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2021
Messages
819
Reaction score
334
Location
white city
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I purchased a fish tang from petco and stupidly put it in my display, within 3 or 4 hours I noticed it had ich and immediately removed him, but I cannot get any other fish out it’s just not possible, how likely is it that it’s now I’m my display tank? I got him out pretty fast
 
according to info out there, Ich will drop off of the host 3-9 days after feeding. i dont know that i would say that none is in your tank, but just watch their behavior in the meantime. the fish wasnt in there long, so you might be alright
 
according to info out there, Ich will drop off of the host 3-9 days after feeding. i dont know that i would say that none is in your tank, but just watch their behavior in the meantime. the fish wasnt in there long, so you might be alright
Thank you, I will kee a eye on them for sure, I hope I got him out in time, I will say though lesson learned I am now going to find space SOMEWHERE for a quarantine system, even though I literally have no spot for it, but it’s either that or no new additions ever lol
 
besides keeping an eye on their behaviour and appetite, you can slightly raise the temp of the tank. Try to keep them as stress free as possible and they should be all good. - kali
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new