New fish ich problem

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I purchased a fish tang from petco and stupidly put it in my display, within 3 or 4 hours I noticed it had ich and immediately removed him, but I cannot get any other fish out it’s just not possible, how likely is it that it’s now I’m my display tank? I got him out pretty fast

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
according to info out there, Ich will drop off of the host 3-9 days after feeding. i dont know that i would say that none is in your tank, but just watch their behavior in the meantime. the fish wasnt in there long, so you might be alright

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
according to info out there, Ich will drop off of the host 3-9 days after feeding. i dont know that i would say that none is in your tank, but just watch their behavior in the meantime. the fish wasnt in there long, so you might be alright
Thank you, I will kee a eye on them for sure, I hope I got him out in time, I will say though lesson learned I am now going to find space SOMEWHERE for a quarantine system, even though I literally have no spot for it, but it’s either that or no new additions ever lol

ChaosAquaculture

Specializing in the Ridiculous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
besides keeping an eye on their behaviour and appetite, you can slightly raise the temp of the tank. Try to keep them as stress free as possible and they should be all good. - kali

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back