New fish in tank

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
How long after fish is added the chances drop of sickness if no signs of illness are present I know your always at a risk of a fish getting sick but is there a rough guess as days go on ? Btw.. I don’t qt I know I should but I don’t and I stress every time a new member is added

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long after fish is added the chances drop of sickness if no signs of illness are present I know your always at a risk of a fish getting sick but is there a rough guess as days go on ? Btw.. I don’t qt I know I should but I don’t and I stress every time a new member is added
As long as their enviornment is large enough, stable, and theres plenty of food.....disease can go the lifespan of your reefing career in hiding.

Its when one of these delicate boundries are broken, disease can run wild.

OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
As long as their enviornment is large enough, stable, and theres plenty of food.....disease can go the lifespan of your reefing career in hiding.

Its when one of these delicate boundries are broken, disease can run wild.
@Saltyreef interesting so let’s say a fish is sick but not really showing any signs could this pass fish to fish

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Saltyreef interesting so let’s say a fish is sick but not really showing any signs could this pass fish to fish
A sick fish is one who is exhibiting symptoms due to the disease. If the fish is visually sick and affected, your enviornment needs some attention.

It also depends what exactly is affecting your fish too.

Read up on ich management to get a better understanding of how.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ive seen velvet strike in 48 hours or sooner and flukes within 3 days. If you dont quarantine, at least do a bath with formalin, Ruby or prazi for 60-90 minutes to in a sense of speaking disinfect new arrivals.
It takes one bad apple to take down the whole bunch.
Most disease is Not visible until it has progressed where parasites are reproducing and we have to assume all fish May have something

OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Ive seen velvet strike in 48 hours or sooner and flukes within 3 days. If you dont quarantine, at least do a bath with formalin, Ruby or prazi for 60-90 minutes to in a sense of speaking disinfect new arrivals.
It takes one bad apple to take down the whole bunch.
Most disease is Not visible until it has progressed where parasites are reproducing and we have to assume all fish May have something
Yeah understood and agree I stopped looking at my card and gobies because they have been in my tank for awhile now i can just watch them but now with my wrasse when is a good time to start feeling that way towards her

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah understood and agree I stopped looking at my card and gobies because they have been in my tank for awhile now i can just watch them but now with my wrasse when is a good time to start feeling that way towards her
most wrasse will head for the sand and/or hide until next morning. Its the next day when they come out you want to attempt first feeding

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back