New fish

Reeferburns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m wondering if anyone has kept a coral Beauty angel fish with soft/sps corals? I just got a new one today and it said it can be kept but with caution. Should I be super nervous that he will kill my corals or just watch him closely and not worry to much?

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a bit of a loaded question! I had one that I got with a system full of LPS, I didn't risk it in my tank, but it was in the original owners for a year or two.

Personally, I don't take these risks, but my main tank is a 220, so catching anything in it is very difficult. If I were to put one in one of my tanks, I would be sure to not put high cost/value corals in that tank and make sure the rocks are easily removable in case it starts getting nippy. I would also make sure it has lots of food to eat so it doesn't feel like exploring the landscape...

kyleThatGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are pretty safe with coral one of the safest one’s you can get but they always seem to have ich ect when I see them

Leemcg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a coral beauty in since early February and it hasn’t touched a thing. Expect occasionally being a B to my clown goby it’s a model citizen. I have a lot of LPS, a few SPS and a few Zoas shows no interest in any of them at all. I had another one years ago that was the same. But it does vary from fish to fish, so there is no guarantee one way or the other.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally they won't bother corals unless they get too hungry. If you run ultra low nutrient (as in minimal feeding), then I would avoid Dwarf Angels.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back