New flame angel and eating habits

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. A week ago my tank crashed and I lost our beloved flame angel. She ate like mad was so fat and loved to swim around the tank. Fast forward I bought a replacement that was in copper from a very reputable lfs. I usually copper myself. Anyway. This little guy is smaller and all he does all day is graze on the live rock. When I put food in. (Selcon diet of salmon shrimp scallop and clam) mixed with or mysis he doesn't even look at it. I noticed he will eat brine shrimp but that's not enough. Anyone have any tips on a good that may spark his interest. I also have omega one flakes and pellets plus seaweed extreme

D03FB431-3E7F-4DD0-B202-5A81DEDF688B.jpeg

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried Masstick...?

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried Masstick...?

I did just feed Calanus which I think is close which is copepods. He seemed to feed on some? I will feed that daily butt well right now as see what I can get him to feed on

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. A week ago my tank crashed and I lost our beloved flame angel. She ate like mad was so fat and loved to swim around the tank. Fast forward I bought a replacement that was in copper from a very reputable lfs. I usually copper myself. Anyway. This little guy is smaller and all he does all day is graze on the live rock. When I put food in. (Selcon diet of salmon shrimp scallop and clam) mixed with or mysis he doesn't even look at it. I noticed he will eat brine shrimp but that's not enough. Anyone have any tips on a good that may spark his interest. I also have omega one flakes and pellets plus seaweed extreme

D03FB431-3E7F-4DD0-B202-5A81DEDF688B.jpeg
Having the same problem with a Bicolor

Rob1208

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running into this issue with my Flame Angel. Ate fine for 3 weeks or so.... now she's only grazing on rocks for the last 6-7 days. Did you find a resolution?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back