New fluval evo 13.5 setup.

gibec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running my EVO for 2 years and the intank media baskets made a huge difference so I highly recommend that upgrade along with the sicce pump which is nice and quiet. You will definitely hear water flow so if you have another room you could put it I'd opt for that since you mentioned being a light sleeper. The skimmer I would skip because you can handle nutrient export with water changes on this small of a tank. The stock light I can't say for sure what it would grow since I opted for a Kessil a160 with a Clear Lids tank cover. The lid isn't cheap but it's high quality and aesthetically it is a huge improvement over a cheap screen top imo. +1 for the ATO it's a must have or you'll be getting up at night to add water when the pump starts sucking air and making a bunch of noise. Plus you want the consistent salinity level that having an ATO provides along with not having to worry about your tanks water level when you're away from home.
Whoa.. if you can hear the pump starting to suck air, it must have been a long time since you've topped off the water. salinity must be through the roof if that ever happened in my tank. ahaha

s1oliver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa.. if you can hear the pump starting to suck air, it must have been a long time since you've topped off the water. salinity must be through the roof if that ever happened in my tank. ahaha
In that small of a tank with the water levels in the sump being so low after plugging the hole in the sump you'd be surprised how fast that can happen. Purchasing an ATO was the best thing to that tank besides upgraded filtration.

gibec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that small of a tank with the water levels in the sump being so low after plugging the hole in the sump you'd be surprised how fast that can happen. Purchasing an ATO was the best thing to that tank besides upgraded filtration.
i plugged the hole on mine and i can keep water levels high on my chamber with the return pump. I realized having a skimmer caused that issue with water circulation so i got rid of it. Wondering if that might of been your issue?
ATO def my next upgrade. Was holding off on that for a while now.

s1oliver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i plugged the hole on mine and i can keep water levels high on my chamber with the return pump. I realized having a skimmer caused that issue with water circulation so i got rid of it. Wondering if that might of been your issue?
ATO def my next upgrade. Was holding off on that for a while now.
I never ran a skimmer on it but I upgraded my return pump so because of that higher output it keeps the water level lower in the sump.

Jaychevy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt get a skinmer. I have one and it makes some noise. This is a older post, but for some whobare watching and was wondering.
Hey did your skimmer dump micro bubbles in the tank. I just set up the evo and skimmer and it's dumping micro bubbles in tye tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back