New fluval Evo 13.5

tresguey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been out of the reefing world for a while, been wanting to get back in. Friend of mine showed me his fluval and figured for the cost it’s a good starting point to get back in. Along with the aquarium I ordered a cobalt aquatics heater. I have a BRS 150 gallon a day rodi system that’s been sitting in my garage for almost a year, gonna install it tomorrow...just noticed I have 2 dual DI resin containers should I run all 4? I also have the booster pump.I also plan on setting up an ATO for this mini tuner good? I saw some dry rock on Amazon nature’s ocean and world wide imports. Anyone use this stuff? Not going to need much. Any suggestions for this build are welcome.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back! For your RO/DI unit I would suggest testing your tap water’s TDS (Total Dissolved Solids, digital probe is about $20) to help determine how much of a DI stage you need. My TDS is fairly low at 35 and I can get away with a single DI canister.

OP
OP
T

tresguey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
67586DCD-59C2-4D89-8742-FBCA30348559.jpeg
Upgraded to a sicce 1.0 and added a Aqamai KPS. Just set up 3 hours, almost cleared up.

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would watch it with pressure that high.. I know on my brs unit if mine goes over 85psi.. one of the elbow fittings going into the canister will start to leak very little. My sweet spot is 75psi but that’s just me. Let it run at that psi for an hour or so and then check for leaks. Nice tank btw, I used to have one setup but since have upgraded twice lol

OP
OP
T

tresguey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice Sabo. Called BRS because my input TDS to my resin was at 17. Input to entire system is 330 TDS. Apparently that is high and 17 is normal with an input 330. I will go through resin faster.

OP
OP
T

tresguey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for clean up crew, thinking 2 Trochus snails, 2 Nassrius, 2 blue leg and an emerald crab. Not sure if I should drop them all at one time. Thoughts?

acodycowgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to put them all in at once. I added my clean up crew and just monitored the parameters for a week or so. I never really saw a change so added a few fish a week later. I am going slow with adding my tank inhabitants. Good luck!

Kovacjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal water pressure is 45-65psi. I would back that down to 65psi. The fittings are rated for higher pressures but who wants a leak if one fails. I'm about 60psi in my home. I run the RODi with no booster.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 49 48.5%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back