New frogspawn looking sad

Jazzy507

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, first post here. I have an 18g nano tank (cadlight reef ready tank). It’s been running for 6 months and has about 10 pounds of live rock, deep caribsea sand bed, 2 clowns, 1 purple fire goby, 1 emerald crab and two snails. I just added a frogspawn coral yesterday and it’s looking a bit off. The one head is closed up, which I expected, but the other is flopped over with a gaping mouth. Colour still looks good. I know it’s been less than 24 hours but what do you think? My parameters are good...not too sure. Thoughts? Maybe it just needs time? Pic attached.

image.jpg
 
Give it some time. Needs to acclimate...after a few days if no better or if something starts looking really bad let us know.
 
I’m wondering if maybe I need a wave maker too in addition to my regular return...not sure the flow is great, even though it’s a smaller tank.
 
Frogspawns do not need a lot of flow - moderate and moderate to strong lighting...however, they are hardy and will adjust over time. Mine is on my sand bed and doing fine in lower lighting. Took a week for full extension - shipped a few hundred miles.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new