New from lawton oklahoma

jordan banks

unregistered
View Badges
Joined
May 31, 2014
Messages
381
Reaction score
6
Location
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I just joined up yesterday. I've lived in lawton for almost 30 years and started reef keeping three years ago. Here are my tanks:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
Welcome. :wave:

Those are some big clams. Image#1 there is a coral right on top, almost center but to the left a little, it appears to have a stalk, what is it. TIA
 
There's but one mushroom in the tank. All the branching corals you see are tonga branch and a coco worm tube. It's just a clam dominated tank because some of my "reef" safe fish turned on my coral and started eating it. I now have six clams in that tank. One is new and is in quarintine. So I will have 7 in there next week. Oh and nice to meet you. I'm new here and am looking forward to the benefits of having a membership on the forum. It seems like the place for me.
 
Hello!! Welcome to R2R!! Nice tanks!
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1401666805.739619.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1401666855.793566.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1401666893.445274.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1401666924.927294.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1401666983.377265.jpg
Here are some of my favorite tank inhabitants: my 7 inch squamosa I've had for almost three years, my grafted war coral and the last pic I'm not sure if it's a lobos or scoly. I d please?
 
Love the Squamosa, and the new Crocea is beautiful. These clams must be putting a huge dent in the Ca level, how your keeping up with the demand?
 
But I seem to have gotten a bad batch of clams from salty underground. My two smaller derasa are acting funny and the maxima I ordered with them already died.
 
It happens unfortunately. I sure hope you get to the bottom of it. I would try to isolate those clams if possible.
 
Great tank and welcome to R2R!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new