New Grafted Acro

SnazzyUrchin792

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1694557417149.png
Do you plan to sell any of this once it grows out?

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the most sincere way possible, I have googled the most sincere, apologetic, astonishing ways of saying this, even laughed myself to a point of crying... I might write a birthday card for this but it's censored, so in short.

It takes a million generations or more to evolve lasting changes, the study found. Darwin was right: natural selection is beavering away all the time, and yet evolution itself plods along like a stick-in-the-mud..... in polite terms lol

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To make things more interesting, every example I've seen of grafting / GFP infection in coral is bright green.

A year or two ago I had a coral named pink panther table (that's typically all pink in the base tissue) develop distinctly different tissue coloration that's blue. So is there also Blue Protein Infection?

1694557360587.jpeg

More recently, in that same tank, I had an encrusting frag of RRC Jawdropper develop blue tissue as well. I've never heard of JD developing "grafting", so as far as I know this piece is one of a kind.

1694557417149.png
I think I wanna try me some of that GFP!

_...+marijuana+pot+reefer+john+c.+reilly+walk+hard+gh+Tim+Meadows+dewey+cox.jpg

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm honestly all for it, 'great work' it might disturb some people but if you don't experiment in this hobby then we would not have ' the abundance of choices we have today... obviously it's on your own terms and risk management etc but this another way forward in my opinion

I'm with you, we can't make progress unless we try new things. I've been in this hobby for 17 years now, this is the kind of stuff that always keep it interesting and exciting for me.

In the most sincere way possible, I have googled the most sincere, apologetic, astonishing ways of saying this, even laughed myself to a point of crying... I might write a birthday card for this but it's censored, so in short.

It takes a million generations or more to evolve lasting changes, the study found. Darwin was right: natural selection is beavering away all the time, and yet evolution itself plods along like a stick-in-the-mud..... in polite terms lol

Well, now you lost me, haha. Maybe you're being TOO polite, cause I'm not connecting the dots.

Do you plan to sell any of this once it grows out?

No, I actually sold that piece to a fellow hobbyist that collects high end pieces. I didn't want to risk fragging it as it wasn't very big yet and it was growing pretty slowly in my system. Normally I'd be hesitant to sell a one of a kind piece, but the individual who bought it knows what they're doing with SPS, so it's in good hands!

I think I wanna try me some of that GFP!

_...+marijuana+pot+reefer+john+c.+reilly+walk+hard+gh+Tim+Meadows+dewey+cox.jpg

You will absolutely get addicted. Acros are already addicting , sprinkle some GFP on top and you'll be hooked without a doubt.

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Update on the Grafted PC Rainbow... a few weeks after cutting it I moved the frag to one of my display tanks for better flow and lighting. The original colony was under lower light which caused all the old growth to turn red. The move caused the frag to stall for a couple months but now it's growing again.

The move worked out well as it's developing the yellows and greens PC Rainbow will develop when happy and growing. The grafting on top of this is resulting in some insane colors which is what I was going for. Here's some pics of the frag under blues:

IkcqHIY.jpg

TqphF6D.jpg

YP9wZrc.jpg

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update on the Grafted PC Rainbow... a few weeks after cutting it I moved the frag to one of my display tanks for better flow and lighting. The original colony was under lower light which caused all the old growth to turn red. The move caused the frag to stall for a couple months but now it's growing again.

The move worked out well as it's developing the yellows and greens PC Rainbow will develop when happy and growing. The grafting on top of this is resulting in some insane colors which is what I was going for. Here's some pics of the frag under blues:

IkcqHIY.jpg

TqphF6D.jpg

YP9wZrc.jpg
I see my future frag coming on that mid-section!

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IkcqHIY.jpg

TqphF6D.jpg

YP9wZrc.jpg
Just take my money.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back