New Gyre XF250 not spinning

Neublian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed a new XF250 (controller and two gyres) in a new tank about a month ago. Noticed last week that one of the two units isn't spinning. When first powered up, the controller applies power to both units, but senses the one isn't spinning and stops after about 10 seconds. I switched pump plugs on the controller and the problem switched sides, so I'm fairly certain it's not the controller. There are no snails in the tank yet and the pump spins freely by hand. I dissembled and cleaned the pump and it didn't make any difference. I don't know what to try next.

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact customer support to help you trouble shoot the problem or possibly replace.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on customer support

OP
OP
N

Neublian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on customer support

The maxspect site wouldn't let me send a message because the serial number didn't meet the expected format. I was able to send via the CoralVue website, so I'm hoping this'll get cleared up.

Thanks!

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CoralVue was very responsive with the widespread problem with the initial batch of XF150's, which affected me. The communication was fantastic and timely. Best of luck, I hope it resolves for your soon. Happy reefing! :)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CoralVue was very responsive with the widespread problem with the initial batch of XF150's, which affected me. The communication was fantastic and timely. Best of luck, I hope it resolves for your soon. Happy reefing! :)

Once again @Mike_J is right on track. I contacted CoralVue about a issue I had with my 130 and they got back to me with in 2 business days. Figure they will get back to you Tuesday or Wednesday:)

iLLwiLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue with a 130 after I cleaned it and pushed the cages too far back into the block and got a red blinking light on the controller. With no power going to it try spinning the paddle (I used a wooden skewer) and compare it to the one that's working. If it feels tighter or restricted in any way try backing the cages off the motor a little till it spins freely then push the cages back in as far as they will go while still allowing that paddle to spin.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.5%

Back